View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 03:57 AM

Default Re: Bet Royal promo: Bet your favorite NBA team at +100 all season?

Nah, but it doesn't look much better. They are under "Royal Sports" on SBR and Major Wager. D rating. Numerous complaints about slow pay (no non pays that I see), you have to phone in payouts, including Neteller? And supposedly playing steam is a no-no, yet at my levels 500 a game or so max I'm not sure that's that big of a problem. People do say they have good promos, soft unique NBA lines, and a very good variety of futures/props. I book with Sportsinteraction, so I can put up with a little crap, but Royal Sports sounds like too much. Boy, it would be nice though to have a group playing different teams at even money.

edit: Holy crap, never mind!

SBR update awhile back

[ QUOTE ]
4/4/2005 12:28:00 PM
Royal Sports (SBR rating D) Tej sends armed men to intimidate SBR staff, SBR agrees to allow a corrected SBR Newswire. SBR reports no corrected report offered by Royal Sports. After sending three armed thugs to detain SBR staff in Costa Rica it was decided SBR would give Royal Sports a week to clarify the SBR report that the infamous Tej was in fact the new owner of Royal Sports. Tej’s thugs were arrested without incident by heavily armed Costa Rican police while the forced meeting between Royal Sports and SBR was still taking place. SBR appreciates the remarkable response time and overwhelming force employed by Costa Rican police.

Royal Sports has now declined to issue a corrected statement as promised leaving little doubt that the original report by SBR was correct.

Tej’s tactics of intimidation threaten the industry and give critics of gaming in Costa Rica fuel for their argument that gaming attracts thugs, organized crime and other undesirables.

[/ QUOTE ]