View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 03:36 AM

Default Re: The Perfect Chipset?? --amounts of each color

[ QUOTE ]
tks for reply. i'll be using em for 1 table cash games and tourneys of up to 25 people (normally less though).

i'm hoping i can strike some balance so they'll be good to use w/my friends that want to play micro games (10c/25c nl), and for my poker friends looking to play larger limit and NL games. they'll also be used for tourneys at least half the time.

no denoms would definitely be easier, but i'm afraid they won't look "real" enough w/cool stickers and no #'s on 'em. maybe i'm too worried about this though

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're too worried about denominations. Make a printout with the denoms for "tonight" and go. Four colors is great, five is pushing it for 700 chips. 260/260/120/60, 300/260/100/40 or 300/300/80/20. The last is the best, IMO.

That's from a guy who's bought some JACKED up combos... push those numbers through some tournament structures and a standard .25/1/5/25 cash game setup and you'll probably think it's sane. I like the divisible by 20 because they fit correctly into 5x20 racks and I'm JUST anal enough to care about that stuff. Much easier to count down at the end of the night or when coloring up.

I used to demand denoms on my personal chips but now I want non-denom for cash, denom for my tourney set. The people that ask, "What's this one worth again?" still ask even if it's printed right on them. I like having one set for each type of game because a cash game breaks out when ppl bust out of the tournament.