Thread: HU Question
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 11:36 PM

Default Re: HU Question

I'm no expert, but I do enjoy head's up (especially limit.)

Question #1: Mike Carro is a big advocate of the idea that usually the straightforward play, is the best, especially vs a non-expert. However, that idea does not include being as straightforward as open-folding. You're just giving up the pot without a fight, and taking the pressure off your opponent. I don't think it's going to change anyone's game one bit. All they're going to be thinking is, "Well that was easy." As an alternative, everytime you think about open-folding, just try a little 4 second hollywood and then check, maybe you can then induce a check and bet the turn with 7-high. Even that would be better than open-folding IMO.

Question #2: I think OOP I would bet the flop every time I 3-bet it, so that way if the flop is actually good and he raises, you can 3-bet that too (why wait till the turn.) Also, if your opponent just calls and the turn helps you, you can lead into him again, maybe checking 30% of the time. I like checking 30% of the time you're strong b/c you're still getting in a bet most of the time, but when someone 3-bets PF, bets flop, and checks turn, It's almost always answered with a bet.

If you checked in this situation with [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (BLACK), [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (RED), or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], that would roughly equal 30%