View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Has the Party 215 dynamic changed?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, maybe it's more than a "little" tougher - certainly your standard 2+2 "pushbot" strategy doesn't work nearly as well b/c so many people adopted it, and everyone has experience playing against it (thus it's not as effective as it was aginast prior game conditions).

But I think one can adjust to the masses of "pushbotters" and still do pretty well - completing with AJ against a known "pushbotter" can get a lot more value out of that hand in many spots than a standard raise. That's just one minor example of adjusting to the masses "pushbotting" adjustments, etc...

Of course, if you can beat the 215s for a good earn, you're probably better of now playing NL - unless you enjoy SNGs and are too lazy to learn a new game.... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, playing the game like that gives me the sh#$ts. I'm not particularly good at psychological warfare and if I was I'd probably play short-handed 30/60 or something. What I enjoy is crushing my opponents with sheer superior technical knowledge of the game.

I've observed before that SNGs, more than any other kind of poker, can start to resemble a complicated kind of solitaire. Much of the time you simply don't care exactly what your opponents have. When SNGs start to lose this quality, as I think they have in the 215s, then I lose interest. Plus, as you mentioned, a lot of the profit disappears and with the skill set required you'd probably be better off playing cash game NL.