View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 11:11 PM

Default Re: 88 overpair w/excessive pre and postflop action

I thought about coldcalling, but I figured that there was a decent chance that I was ahead. I figured that I was going to need to catch good on turn and river, and as such I needed to go ahead and make it 3 bets to hopefully fold out sb who would almost always call 2 cold w/ overs the way the pot was developing. Also I thought that there was a decent chance that bb was betting hoping that top pair was good and thought sb had checked w/overs. As far as utg, well his raise means little though I suspect he was on a club draw.

I figure that if i 3 bet I can force the overs out and possibly top pair getting me head up w/ flush draw. I can handle that. I am not sure what coldcalling will accomplish. I have basically 1 out and alot of outs against me. I would like to see if either sb or bb will stick in a fourth bet so I can fold turn safely unless my 1 outer hits or a bdsd develops. I do not want to pay off or end up folding a winner when the board gets scary because I did not take the betting lead when it was there for me. I agree that folding might be the best play, but I would like to get your input when you have a chance about why you like coldcalling in position as opposed to raising.