View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Line when a single overcard flops

Hello. I usually play small stakes, but I'm sort of stabbing at mid-limit games from time to time these days. Of course I mostly like to play them when they're playing like small-stakes games [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but usually even the softer games are more aggressive.

So I'm wondering, what's a good line on a hand like this?

I have TT in the CO. Slightly loose slightly overaggressive MP player limps from MP, I raise, folded back to MP who calls.

Flop Q64. He checks, I bet, he checkraises me.

So now there are 8.5SB in the pot. I hate this, because his most likely hand is a Q, but I'm ahead often enough that I want to call. Also, I don't want people to move me off a pot this big with a single flop raise. But what if he leads the turn? Do I just keep calling? Should I 3-bet the flop sometimes to prevent people from taking shots at me with stuff like 55 or KJ?

Or what if he raised and I 3-bet preflop, and now he still checkraises me on a K-high flop? Now the pot is bigger, but the K hits a LOT of openraising hands.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if it's all playa-dependent how to handle flop aggression like this. Because it feels weak to fold, and it feels like spewing to raise, but my current strategy seems to end up being "just call a whole lot of bets," which seems like it can't be right either.

Thanks.