View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: 5/10(6-max) deepstacked: QQ top set faces resistence

[ QUOTE ]
I'm usually a fan of the smooth call c/r and pound him on a bad card play. On this hand I think it sucks because of how much money they have left.

[/ QUOTE ]

If certain villain will bet any turn - and when someone c/r, they generally do - you set yourself perfectly to stack him...

Pot ~375 if you smoothcall, (both have 1600+ behind) even if he say half pots 200, if you make it 600... Pot will be almost 1600 with 1000 behind. Easy all in on river.
[ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain that villain is ready to go to battle with J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so let him make a huge mistake by getting all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

He mincheckraised a button raiser + continuation bet. You are severely limiting villains range here. Yes, we could goto war against a big draw (small %, esp. given min c/r) or we could play some poker on the turn.
[ QUOTE ]

I'm absolutely certain villain is willing to go to battle with 22 or 88, but there are a ton of turn cards that are going to kill our action and prevent us from getting it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are no oesd on this board. A set doesnt fear an overcard. That leaves 9 cards, which you can still get money (esp. if board pairs) anyway. This is a rather benign board...

[ QUOTE ]

Additionally, it might be difficult to tell which card has helped our opponent. What if the turn had been the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]? Are we going to freeze up? K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]?

Yes, I'm certain you want to make a big flop re-raise here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont understand why would be afraid of K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Yes, one problem is by just smooth calling, if villain is lucky enough to hit a 3 out gutshot (as we're playing slowly on the flush card anyway) he stacks you. But on X other #of cards you get more action lata in the hand...