View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Changing preflop strategy against a specific player

Hi. I have had this situation come up a couple times and I think I'm really Fing it up. I was hoping you all could help me figure out the best plan of attack against this player, and it may be an interesting situation for you to discuss.

Good 20/40 game. The reason it is good is for one player. He is a 45/6/0.4 over thousands of hands and he pays off a lot. He loves to see showdowns. Most times that I play with him, I try to sit on his left. Sometimes I can't get that seat, so I'll sit anywhere else. Here is where the problem occurs.

I played shorthanded with him the other day for hours on two tables so now I think he knows my name and hates me. His PFR is only 6%, but it is about 95% if I have raised. This is not over a small sample of 3 hands, but over and over throughout the session. Also, if he isn't in position on me, he will limp-reraise me 80% of the time.

His postflop AF of 0.43 is misleading, because it goes way up against you. He 3-bet me on a flop of KJx with 44 and he bet all streets with Q-high.

My question is, if you know you're going to get 3-bet, or limp-reraised a huge majority of the time, how do you adjust your preflop strategy? Hopefully you guys can give me a good answer so next time I can stop raising JTs and really F this guy.