Thread: Caro Article
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Caro Article

[ QUOTE ]
I lost respect for Caro long before this, and this magazine article doesn't surprise me that much. Caro has an overly sensationalist style of writing, and his marketting is naked rich quick scheme sloganeering.

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh* I used to take stuff like this [rantings of other authors] semi-personally or let it get me frustrated. Now I ignore it (well, as of the end of this post, I ignore it).

Not to toot my own horn, but over the last few months, I can't count the number of people who have told me a story like:

"Before I read SSH, I was a struggling $2-$4 player. Then the books and forums turned my light bulb on, and I started tearing up. Now I've made hundreds of thousands of dollars and play in the biggest games on the internet."

This is player after player. Probably twenty or more that I've met recently share this story... all struggling two years ago, now devoted 2+2ers and enormous winners.

The proof is in the pudding, so to speak. No one can convince me that what I do is wrong when so many who have been so successful have told me, one after another, how right it has been for them.