View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Re: LAG Image play, calling minraise on flop with nothing

You don't think villain would have done the exact same thing in hand #2 if you'd just folded on the flop in the first hand? I bet he would have.

I make so many continuation bets that if the table sees me fold to a minraise on a flop I see people trying to min-checkraise me off my continuation bets.

What's the problem with that? Adjust your game to it. Worst case you should be able to pull the same move on everyone else and save the 8 BB here...

I'm paying 8 BBs to cover my ass for the next 30 minutes of the session(at least).

By showing them that you'll call them on the flop and fold to the turn aggro? I don't see how what you did sends anyone a different message than you sent them by calling and folding on the turn. I think you set up the play that actually happened, and think that you would have set it up exactly the same had you simply folded on that flop, only you wouldn't have lost $80 doing it.

Granted you got that $80 back, but if someone else pulled the move, you'd also have an extra $80 if they had you covered.

- C -