View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: did I SPEW?

[ QUOTE ]
I had J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

good bluff? spewing? just plain stupid?

or did I represent a big hand clear enough and the river raise make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overall the only hands that justify the way you played this from start to finish would have been AA, KK, AK though it was obvious from the start you had none of those or it wouldn't have been worth posting. JTs was vastly overplayed pre flop. The other streets were all fine and the rebluff on the river was good. Arguably obvious given his apparently odd bet which screamed bluffing a missed draw but it still takes balls to rebluff with nothing.

I don't think there is any real way you can justify the cap preflop though, unless they both fold the flop a lot or are generally very weak tight post flop, which isn't what you stated.

Don't lose sight however of the fact that you got lucky on the end - he obviously had squat, at best JT as well. In the circumstances the rebluff was good once he bet out given the odds you were getting on him folding but 9 times out of 10 he just check calls on the river with an ace, King or a flush (or even check raises the better of those).

You weren't spewing chips (at least not from the flop onwards) but I think its a bit delusional to pretend he folded anything real on the end because you represented a big enough hand earlier. This smacks of a retrospective attempt to justify bad play preflop. Accept it was a mistake even though you got away with it in the end. Don't kid yourself that the cap was good and played any part in his later fold. You were lucky he had nothing but a busted draw by the end and you made a good rebluff.

Good Luck

Mackas