View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: trick or treat ? how scary is this hand?

Hi Redbeard,

The way the action had gone so far in the hand, the only cards that should have concerned you on the river would be a 6 or a 7. The only two plausible monsters under the bed scenarios are the one you described in which one of them as A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and a far less likely one in which BB has 85s, but that should in no way deter you from capping the river. Just be glad there is a 4-bet cap or you could have justifiably lost about a thousand big bets this hand. If the river hadn't have been a spade I would have had to replace my mouse at least twice due to twice due to excessive wear before I stopped raising.

Checking the river is horrible here. It is not a question of whether someone could have just made a flush"? It is a question of GIVEN THE PREVIOUS ACTION IN THE HAND TO THIS POINT, is it possible that someone just made a flush. It is very important not to let a scare card on the river keep you from betting for value unless you think it is sufficiently likely to have beaten you to warrant checking.

I realize your post is not a whine about the bad beat, but the reason not to post results is so that they don't influence the responses to the post. Basically it keeps the readers from being able to properly put themselves in your shoes because they have additional information that you didn't have at the time you played the hand.

Cartman