View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Re: A couple of Razz hands

I don't play this game, but here it goes.

First hand, I think the call on third is OK, but I really don't know. Folding fourth is mandatory, though. You're probably behind, and may be way behind.

Second hand, I think third is a fold. You have a Jack showing, which will make it hard for you to represent a strong hand later. I might be wrong on this, though. I can't find my copy of Sklansky on Poker at the moment.

I think that if you can't bet fourth, you should have folded on third. If the other guy started with a real hand, he's still the favorite. If he was raising light, though, you've got an edge. I'd bet here, but I don't think checking is the end of the world.

By fifth, your advantage has become significant, but your hand isn't so strong that you should be giving out free cards. Bet your damned hand already. Definitely bet sixth and seventh as well. Why check the river? You can't be beaten. You don't think he's going to bet for you, do you?

Third hand, I'd bet fifth. He's probably calling anyway, and I don't think that you want to give out any free cards with an Eight.