View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: The other side of the coin

[ QUOTE ]
However, just like their are knuckleheads playing, their are knuckleheads dealing.

Knuckleheads..boy aint that the truth. Seen plenty of them in the business and it's one of the reasons so many of you have a poor or pooer view of dealers.

1) Pay attention. Mistakes happen

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to interject something right in the middle of your sentence. It's about How mistakes happen in this regard. I'm speaking from my experience when I make them and seeing other dealers make them as such too.

Dealer sits in the box, is getting first hand out, while at the same time eyeballing his rack to see that it correct or at least close to correct, useing his peripheral vision to keep track of action, and some dummy who has mucked says "I want the 2 or 8 seat if the open. And give that guy that aint here a "no player button". Oh and he mucked 3 players out of turn. AND HE"S A REGULAR!...

Yes many times mistakes are caused by stupid distractions by players not even involved. The one I love/hate the most is during the hand a player wants you to square up the table. And the sob wants it square now! I have beguna telling them very plainly and sternly if I need to, "After the hand" Usually because 1, 2, or more of those needing to move are in fact involved with the hand in play. Out of respect THEY dont need the distractions either.

So not just from some dummy watching MNF do mistakes happen, but also as a result of players not giving respect to the table and distracting these dealers during action with stupid or non-imperitive requests or nonsense.

Sometimes players need to just stfu too and let the dealer do his/her job. Ask'em during the shuffle next hand. I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige.