View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Re: commerce 20-40NL

What up rbk,

Interesting post as always. Couple of things:

--My thought is that he's got a fairly good hand and that he wants to know for sure what's going on with the bad player. He knows it puts you in a very tough spot, and if you get out, any middling pair is probably not too hard to play vs. a bad player OOP. Obviously, though, it could also be a boat, in which case he's thinking mostly about the bad player's money, since he's positive that raise will be called.

--I hate a stop and go, here, because who does this with a hand stronger than Aces up? Pretty much nobody, right? You really invite a tough player to take the big pot away from you with anything that beats the bad player if you bet 6-7K on the turn. A flop pot re-raise has similar problems, unless you think you can get credit from Villain for possibly having a 3--otherwise, it just makes it easy for him to get it in with the nut flush draw or some other hands, knowing you will fold a fair amount of the time.

I know I'm at least calling this raise most always--I'm inclined to check a blank on the turn and reevaluate. More to say but I have to catch a flight.