View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Re: C-betting limpers and the checkraise bluff

I use this quite a bit in SNGs, also just leading out on the flop which usually takes it down. Most times when you get a limper in LP to button, they don't have much of a hand at all and hoping to hit a flop.

The time to check-raise bluff is when you check a ragged flop like you suggested and they hesitate before betting. The flop missed them and they feel compelled to bet, just hoping you go away. Esp good when it's Q or J high, because they limped with Ax.

The reason I don't do it much is because it often commits a lot of chips and they don't always fold to it. Then, you've got a big pot, no hand, and it's hard to get away from it. I like doing it when I get at least a piece of the flop, even if it's bottom pair. You can then check it down and still take it. He's not going to bet again unless that dreaded A hits. (I almost always bet out when Axx flops. There is always a VERY long pause, which makes me laugh. He's sitting there with A2 or A3 and wondering how much he's outkicked.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

CJ