Thread: turned bottom 2
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: turned bottom 2

Whichever plan Villain has, I think there's a decent chance I'm drawing with my bottom two. As far as that goes, I'm thinking Villain generally likes his hand a little more when he's going to wait and pop the turn. But he could be very strong if he caps the flop too.

Anyway, we've got lots of outs even if we are behind. I think I like bet-calling if he caps the flop. When we lead after his flop cap, that shows a good deal of strength, so if Villain raises, I think I slow down and just call down unless I improve.

If he just called the flop 3-bet but I somehow knew he planned to pop the turn, then I guess what I need to decide is whether I want to put in one bet (with a check-call) or 2-3 bets (with a checkraise-call) or 3-4 bets (with a bet/3-bet).

I think I like a checkraise-call, but if I actually have to call a 3-bet, I'm not happy, and I'm hoping Villain is just overreacting to the way I messed with his plans or that I improve on the river.

Hmm. Maybe my hand is worth exactly two bets and I should bet-call, which doesn't open me up to a cap (as a bet/3-bet would) and doesn't open me up to a 3-bet of a turn checkraise.

All right. I'm confusing myself, so I'll stop now. I wonder if I'm thinking about this hand wrong just in general, because I think I would have gone for a checkraise on the flop.