View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: When are you too told for law school?

Your age is not really an issue. I know several people that started law school at your age. Some used their degree, some didn't.

The issue is your energy. At 25 you have less energy to do busy-work than you do at 30. At 30 you have less energy than at 35 (I think). The question is, when you graduate, are you still going to be willing to work the crazy hours that new lawyers work? If not, your degree may be a waste. Only you know where you fall on this curve.

Take the above for what it's worth. I did not graduate law school myself. I am, however, in my late 20's, working a full-time job, going to school at night for a PhD, and also playing poker 10 hours a week. The temptation to choose a path with more free time gets stronger as you get older. If you're attracted to law school for the money and not because of interest, there may be a strong chance that you won't be willing to work the hours when you graduate. Otherwise, if 4 years isn't important to you, it certainly isn't important to anyone else.