View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: How often do you change your razor blade?

[ QUOTE ]
I change mine about every 3 months. My beard is fairly heavy but the blades seem to last me pretty good. I like the mach 3 turbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good long time. It used to be 1-2 months maybe for me, I'm amazed at the 2-3 shave people, that must cost you a bunch. I'd leave it until it was pretty obvious the razor was seriously blunt. I shave pretty much daily, and have average to think stubble. The shaving in the shower thing takes the edge off the burn enough that a semi-blunt razor doesn't matter that much. Every now and again you get a blade that doesn't last so well and gets changed quicker.

However, I've lucked into the Gillete customer test program, where they send me a new blade every 2 weeks. I have to fill in a bunch of checkboxes for each days shave rating stuff like comfort/closeness/freedom from nicks etc. It's great, and saves me cash. I would never change a razor bi-weekly unless I was on this program.

Every now and again they send a pretty god-awful razor though, probably attempting to get it made with cheaper materials or something.

Sadly I have no idea how to get on the program other than knowing someone who is already on it. Apparently occasionally they send you a form to fill in of friends/family to join up to the program as people drop out. I've been on it for over a year and never got this though.