View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: A tough decision

[ QUOTE ]
My passive approach to the hand is due to the fact that there's a very good chance that this is a way ahead / way behind spot, so I'm trying to keep the pot as small as possible and get the cheapest possible showdown.

Betting the flop and having a plan of folding to a raise could be an option, but if villain indeed has QQ, he's most probably just calling my flop bet, and I'd get to the turn with just as much information and a much bigger pot.

Why do you say raising the turn is worst than betting the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
if you bet the flop say fire out 250(arbitrary), his options are fold/call/raise.

a raise and your hand is mucked. a bet gives you the chance to win the pot right there if he's got JJ or a draw. a smooth call and you're pretty close to being done with the hand but you have position on him the rest of the hand.

for the price of 250 you find out something.

on the turn if he bets 125 into a pot of 390, raising here is worse because any meaningful raise is at least 375+, so you're committing more chips here in what you say could very well be a WA/WB situation. a donk min-raise is out of the question.