View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Official word on Party SnG with VIP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course most of the casual players don't. But most of the casual cash game players don't pay a lot of rake either.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the aggregate, the casual masses pay the majority of the rake!

[ QUOTE ]
As for those that post here on 2+2, many SnG players pay that kind of rake. Over 1000 SnGs/month isn't all that hard to do if you 8-table. Thats 3 hours of play a day on average.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never answered my questions, so I'll try again... How many 2+2 SNGers do you think play more than 1,000 SNG/month at Party?

[FWIW, Poker Prophesy supposedly is capturing data on 80% of all SNGs played at Party since roughly the beginning of the year... not a single person in the top 50 by ITM rate has 1,000 SNG's for the year!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the majority of the serious posters in the STT-forum do.

As for pokerprophecy, it hasn't caught 80% of my SnGs. It hasn't even caught 30%. It is crap. And since the top 50 consists of people being on super-heaters it would be idiocy to assume they are all full time multi-tablers.

I play low limit SnGs (22s) and haven't had a month below four figure MGR, even when I was only using one monitor. It doesn't take a superhuman effort to play a lot of SnGs.

When you 8-table, you play 10-12 tables/hour (depending on how quick they start up new ones after getting knocked out). Assuming 10 tables/hr a SnG player pays this much rake.

6s: $10/h
11s: $10/h
22s: $20/h
33s: $30/h
55s: $50/h
109s: $90/h
215s: $150/h

Like I said, the math isn't all that complicated. I am sure someone 8-tabling the higher cash games pay more rake, but it hardly towers over the SnG rake so it is reduced to "nothing".

And it should be obvious that Party counting each $ paid in SnG tourney fee = being in a cash game hand that is raked, is a joke. Does one-tabling the NL25 equate to 8-tabling the $50+5 SnGs? Because they clear at the same pace with this math.