View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Re: How smart are you?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I only scored 1390 on my SATs but in my defense I didn't care at all about school back then, spent exactly 0 hours studying for the test and took it after 4 hours of sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a stupid thing to say. That's like me saying "I only boned my girlfriend 9 times last night, but in my defense, I was getting really chaffed."

Although you couldn't tell from the sample of insanely high scores that have been posted, 1380 is really, really, really high, and you probably know that, and are just bragging, but if you really think you did bad due to lack of effort, than you are stupid.

1280 SAT's
166 LSAT

[/ QUOTE ]

No, what I think is that I could have scored much higher if I put some effort into it. If I had taken 2 years of SAT prep classes like some people I know, I don't think I would have had a problem scoring 1600. I realize I could have just posted 1390 and left it at that, and most people (maybe even most 2+2ers) would assume I'm pretty intelligent, but a 1390 SAT score is not representative of my answer to the question posed in this thread. In fact I would probably take an even money bet, or possibly lay 2:1 odds that I could score higher on a standardized IQ test than a random 1600 scorer. My AFAST score is a better reflection of that, but it wouldn't surprise me if I was the only one who will read this thread who's taken that test, maybe even the only one who's ever heard of it, so I felt it would be necessary to include a score from a more recognizable test. I don't know if you want to call that bragging, I suppose it is. Typically I don't talk to anyone about what I score on any tests, but the question was asked so I did my best to answer it accurately.