View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 03:40 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Taking A Break From Poker

Yes, I am aware of variance. Yes, I can handle variance, but in smaller doses I guess. Right now I have a number of things outside of poker adding to stress, and no matter how good you are, when you run bad in poker, it can and will take it's toll on you. I don't believe anyone is immune to this.

I wouldn't be cut out for poker if I was going and playing poorly because of the bad run of variance. But I believe that I am cut out for poker, because I realize when I'm becoming drained and take a break. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a break, if you've been playing too much poker.

Also, as far as a 2+2'er making a donkish play against you. Just because someone reads 2+2, doesn't mean they are going to be as well versed in effective strategy as you might be.

Just because someone satellited their way into a 10K main event, doesn't mean squat for whether they actually have skills or if they're truly dead money and luckboxed their way in.

I only have about 15K hands stored in pokertracker from my Omaha Hi/Lo ring games, of which I made 4.56BB/100 hands (although Omaha is easier to make more BB/100 hands than limit hold 'em, if you apply appropriate strategy).

I never got the hold 'em version for poker tracker, and given the recent move by Party, I stopped playing at Empire because the ring games were stinking, and moved over to PokerStars to play some tournaments here and there.

Besides, didn't you know that online poker was rigged? They let you get a great run, then they flip a switch and use their house bots to take all your profit back, so you keep depositing. It's true, I read it in the Zoo!