View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: How smart are you?

I only scored 1390 on my SATs but in my defense I didn't care at all about school back then, spent exactly 0 hours studying for the test and took it after 4 hours of sleep.

I maxed out every section of the ASVAB, including the speed math section, where you have like 1 minute to answer as many simple math questions as you can. It was designed to have more questions than you can answer in 1 minute, but I finished the last one at like 56 seconds. I scored a 161 on the AFAST (a test that the Army uses for flight school selection) after about 1 hour of study and my only aviation experience being about 3 months as a Black Hawk crew chief. To put that in perspective, people have been selected for flight school by scoring as low as 90, my first flight instructor who is very intelligent and who's been flying for 15 years scored in the 140s. There's a guy here who got his degree in aerodynamics and likes to brag about his score of 151.

I've never taken any IQ tests for scores but I did well enough on a Mensa exam to get in. Although I'm sure many people here will say that's nothing spectacular, and they would be right.