Thread: K8s OOP
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: K8s OOP

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm. What is checking the turn going to tell you when you're bet into HU? It's Villan-dependent...the same guy that's going to mistakenly raise the turn with T9 for information or an OESD or FD on a semi-bluff is going to bet those same hands when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ] I think that the info comes from the times it gets checked through. I agree that many of the same people that raise this flop will bet if checked to. The difference is that the check/call line gets us to the river where we can reevaluate, and leaves us in no danger of folding the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Checking this turn also collects bets from any paired J or T, lots of worse kings, and mid pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]
When they check behind you? Doesn't that LOSE bets?

[/ QUOTE ]
My assertion was that these guys will bet the turn if checked to. At least that's been my experience lately. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I just don't see the point in check/call on the turn and check/fold on the river UI. If you're drawing to 5 outs, you don't have the odds to play the flop. I'm going from the presumption that we have the best hand until I'm told otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the river line is highly dependant on the actual river card here. If I improve or if a blank falls, it's check/call. Aces, straights, and flushes lean it to a check/fold.

regardless, we don't get to make that decision if we folded on the turn with the best hand.