Thread: K8s OOP
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 12:54 PM

Default Re: K8s OOP

[ QUOTE ]
If you bet out and get it headsup, checking will tell you more about where you are then betting will.

By leading the turn, you're putting yourself in the position of possibly having to fold the best hand when 9To decides to raise and "find out where he's at". You may also get raised by an OESD or fl draw on a semibluff. checking this turn does not put you at risk of folding the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. What is checking the turn going to tell you when you're bet into HU? It's Villan-dependent...the same guy that's going to mistakenly raise the turn with T9 for information or an OESD or FD on a semi-bluff is going to bet those same hands when checked to.

[ QUOTE ]
Checking this turn also collects bets from any paired J or T, lots of worse kings, and mid pocket pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

When they check behind you? Doesn't that LOSE bets?

[ QUOTE ]
It also allows you to check/call a diamond river, which would much more difficult to do if the turn action was bet/call.

If the turn gets checked through then you can pretty safely check/fold the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river. You also get the chance to spike a K or 8 for free so you can check/call or bet/call (depending on the player).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have a hard time calling a bet or raise on the river if an ace fell, regardless of the turn action. And, again, the turn action wouldn't be bet/call, it'd be bet/fold unless the Villan was nutty aggro.

I guess I just don't see the point in check/call on the turn and check/fold on the river UI. If you're drawing to 5 outs, you don't have the odds to play the flop. I'm going from the presumption that we have the best hand until I'm told otherwise.