View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 04:56 AM

Default Re: What is the Generally Acknowledge BB/hr Win Rate for Online Pros

I don't know about any other middle limit players out there, but I'm making 2BB/100 playing 20-40, 4-tabling. My rate goes down to approx 1.5BB/100 if I 6-table if I play 20-40 on all 6. If I drop down to some slow 15/30 or 10/20 tables for my 5th & 6th tables, my win rate on the 20-40 climbs back up to 1.8BB/100 hands.

I think the fact that I'm a very fast typer and used to play a ton of video games helps. I take a lot of notes on players in-game (as well as long-term notes) and used codes so I can know at a glance player tendencies. This allows me to play something other than ABC poker.

There are other techniques you can implement... if a table needs your dedicated attention for a while, drop back down to 4 by sitting out. I'll usually go one hour at 4-tables, one hour at 6-tables and switch off. If I have a cold, I'll drop down to 3-tables or to 2-tabling and move up to 30/60.

Anyone else playing 20/40 as their main game and winning at 2BB/100? I think a lot of "pros" at middle limit make a lot of mistakes. Too many ppl being too aggressive early or misapplying blind steal or isolation raises. Just screwing up these concepts once or twice per 100 hands (and it comes up much more often than once or twice per 100) can easily drop your win rate by 1-2BB/hr... you go from a great win rate to break even just like that!

Anyone else with similar experience? I've been doing this well over 1M hands now. Yes, it's a lot of fricken dough (pre-tax to boot). Yes, I max out Neteller and ePassporte withdrawl limits on regular basis. It's actually a pain to pay for everything in cash. Your friends & family think you're a drug dealer.

If I can do it, I'm sure there are others.