View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: From a dealer: VERY LONG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I won a pot the other day I probably shouldn't have because the player in the one seat didn't tip, and didn't protect his hand with a chip.
whoops.
I didn't tip that hand,it felt a little wierd. but tipped more the next hand I won and at the end of the down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw an accident like that once. Player in the one seat is bitching at the dealer in a tournament. A couple hands later the player gets all-in and the dealer accidently grabs his cards out of his hands and mucks them.

[/ QUOTE ]

SAWEEET BABY!! I dont have the balls to do that tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have "accidentally" mucked a stiff's cards that werent protected. Once a stiff and a good tipper were heads up in 20-40 game. Big pot. Good tipper bets, stiff calls, but good tipper thinks the stiff folded and throws his cards in. Guess what? Good tipper got his hand back and won, stiff went nuts, stiff got thrown out, I couldnt stop laughing. Once a stiff raised with the nuts, a good tipper reraised, stiff doesnt realize reraise and just turns hand up. I killed his hand and nothing he could do since he threw his cards in without calling. This is all very amusing but could be avoided by just giving up that buck. These cats would have to stiff me a very long time to get even for those pots they lost. If there is a decision to made, the floor will almost always go against the stiff. It doesnt matter if its right or wrong because "the floorpersons decision is final". You might just want to ask yourself "Is it worth me not tipping?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is pretty silly and hurts the game. I can't stand the people who don't tip, but a fair game is pretty essential to what we do. If I tip a dealer or a floorperson consistently and I suspected they issued biased decisions as a result of tips this is one of the very few situations where I would consider not tipping them, because I can't support this kind of behavior.