View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Let’s take a few minutes on the couch.

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Has anyone else noticed some of the bitterness some Atheists have with Religion? </font>

Actually I think the opposite is true. I am amazed at the patience many atheists show for believers. I wonder how much patience you would exhibit with someone who insisted to you that pixies are real? And not just any pixie, but their exact version of one!

What if I told you that the best way to lead your life was according to the zodiac? There are all kinds of reasons to believe in astrology! Let's see how much patience you'll have with me while I insist to you that it is all very sensible. I know you won't dismiss my beliefs as being unintelligent. So start proving to me why astrology and pixies have no merit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don’t see much proselytizing here on the board. (I see a lot of trying to explain certain aspects of certain Religions.) Maybe I miss it or am reading from a different point of view. If there is a lot of evangelizing, can you point out a few examples? This is why I find curious the “bitterness” brought to some of the discussions