View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Full Ring vs. 6-Max

[ QUOTE ]
I notice alot of people, seemingly more than not, take part in 6-max over full ring. I like the speed of 6-max but I have been playing full ring for about 6 months now using the normal Tight/Aggressive strategy and I'm afraid to give 6-max a try with it as the hands wont come often enough to overcome the blinds from my perspective.

I know this is a pretty broad topic, but in general -- what's the difference in terms of adjustments? Just widen your hand variety slightly?

Also, why do people tend to enjoy 6-max more? Moreso for clearing bonuses it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing 6 max is just more fun. Playing full ring is much more of a grind, whereas playing shorthanded offers the opportunity to not only play more hands, but also is much more stimulating post-flop. In addition, you maximize the time spent playing against bad players, which usually results in more profit. Finally, due to the nature of being forced to play more hands, these games often attract those players willing to gamboool, making them some of the juiciest games available.

peace

john nickle