Thread: Learning...
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Learning...

did you know that tommy plays a lot of short handed 40/80 and 80/160 live?

and i don't want to assume anything on his winrate but i'm guessing an excellent player (and from what i've seen of tommy, he is) can earn something like $200/hr (40/80) to $300-$400/hr (80/160) in those conditions. even if i was to be conservative, $150/hr to $250/hr, is still more than what many people can earn online even 8 tabling. so you can win $400/hr 8 tabling 30/60? thats fine, whatever. but note that people who play live primarily don't have to click a mouse a billion times at once sitting alone behind their computer to earn similiar (if not better in some cases) earn.

but the whole point of these threads was to determine whether or not you could learn something from a live player simply because you "knew" for sure you made more money than him. your continued pressing that you possibly couldn't just doesn't make any sense at all. your assertion that poker is a buisine where money is everything is wrong. first and foremost, poker is a game. the ability to play the game well has almost nothing to do with how much money one makes.

but if that doesn't make sense to you, could you honestly answer these questions for me please?

a) athletes have individual coaches for varoius things, despite making a lot more money than them. why?

b) really rich people usually have one or more financial advisors despite them obviously having more money than them. why?

c) actors have acting coaches despite them making a lot more money than them. why?