View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Full Ring vs. 6-Max

Ive been playing full ring for quite a while. Ive always played pretty tight so I didnt think 6 max would be good for me since the blinds would eat me up.

Over the past 6 months Ive been slowing turning slightly more LAGgy out of neccesity of moving up in stakes.

When I got up to $5/$10NL I realized that it was going to be necessary to play 6 max because there are very few full tables at higher stakes.

So I moved back down to $1/$2 and started working on 6 max. I have to say that what Im seeing is nothing short of amazingly bad play.

Evernyone thinks they have top play more hands because of the blinds coming around faster, except that most people are already playing too many hands so now the people who might be at 28% VIP at full ring are at 45% at 6 max. They will play TP with no kicker os even middle pair like its the nuts.

There is much more bluffing and all kinds of other craziness. People are calling my 5BB raise with T7, J5, A2 and any number of other hands.

I get much much better and quicker reads since people are playing so many hands and getting past the flop alot more.

I expect the variance to be higher although so far my SD is only 35BB / 100 hands which is pretty normal for full ring and I expect is quite low for 6 max.

I have been resisting playing 6 max for a long time and I wish I had made the switch a long time ago. I n longer need to sit and wait for the one big hand to get my money in with. I can out play people instead of playing top hands and hoping I dont get outflopped. Im loving it so far and plan to move up after another 10K hands or so.