View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: In SB with 32o; 3 posters check

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest factor working against you is you have no idea how they play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you mean, but I had premised this thread on the assumption (again, acknowledging that 32o is pushing it too far) that some meaning could be gleaned from multiple posters who check, and a button who has a playable hand but does not raise it.

The meaning to be derived is (1) most of the players involved don't know what they're doing and will play weakly post-flop, because they posted in EP/MP and none of them raised their playable hands getting the discount; and (2) the playable hands interspersed among the random hands are marginal (low pp's, low connectors, Axo) because there was no raise, and therefore are more likely to miss the flop.

Raising and then opening costs 2.5 small bets; the return (assuming 3 posters and a limper, like in the original hand) ranges from 2.5-1 (if only button calls) to 3.8-1 (if all call), plus the equity of whatever hand we end up with post-flop.

I dunno, I thought there might be something interesting here, when you're in situations with this kind of dead money and passivity. I guess more than two posters is so rare that this really amounts to a discussion of pure theory. I'll take the advice of the forum and resist the temptation in future situations.

Sorry again for those who see this post as a waste of time. Pretty borderline I admit.