View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 04:25 PM

Default Re: In SB with 32o; 3 posters check

[ QUOTE ]
Is it simply untenable to steal from the SB with multiple posters?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it would be extremely hard, yes. The biggest factor working against you is you have no idea how they play. Are they going to call you down with any pair? That's not the type of player you steal against normally, so you wouldn't want to do it here. Against one unknown, you can attempt it perhaps. But three plus a limper?

You're also building a big pot that people will not want to get away from so quickly if they do hit it well.

[ QUOTE ]

Asked another way, what's the minimum hand you raise with here? 42o?

[/ QUOTE ]

In this particular situation, nothing much less than my normal raising standards. If it were just me and 1-2 posters, then I might drop down a little, say 77+, A9+, KT+, maybe QJ.

[ QUOTE ]
(2) None of the four players in the pot have a good hand. (4) Raise or fold are the only options, since calling gets us in a 6-way pot looking for a miracle. (5) The probabilty for getting it HU with button is undefined but significantly greater than zero. (6) We're OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. Going back to my first paragraph, you don't know how any of these players play so you can't make that assumption. Normally I wait an orbit or two so that I can get to know the guys who I will be stealing the blinds from, how tight/loose they play and whatnot so I can guage how effective my blind steals may be and adjust what hands I will attempt steals with.

4. I disagree. Calling here for 1SB is giving you good return on your money if you flop a big hand/draw. Not to many people will believe you have trip deuces/treys or a wheel should you flop those type of hands.

5. I disagree again. You might get one, maybe two, to fold. But the pot has already been made nice and big just merely by the presence of three posters and a limper. First to act after you is getting 7:1 on their money. Wouldn't you call out of the BB with hands like 65o, 44, J9s? And you pay attention to odds.

6. WOOP!