View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 03:49 PM

Default PL - flopped nuts with redraw to non-nut flush

I am just learning to play Omaha high. I have read the chapter in Super System II, as well as the chapter in the Ciaffone and Rueben book (Pot Limit and NL Poker?).

I am totally inexperienced. I have just started to play.

How badly did I play this? Should I have called preflop? Can I safely fold the turn?

I have no reads on "villain", as he just sat down. He had none on me either.

$0.50-$1.00 PL, 9 players

Villain ($230) opens in MP with pot size raise to $3.50. One LP caller, SB folds, I ($184) call in BB with 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Flop ($11.00), 3 players

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, Villain bets $10, LP folds, I raise pot to $41. Villain calls.

Turn ($93) 2 players
4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet $40.50. He minraises to $81. I went into the tank, then went all-in for about $60 more. I figured he had the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], but didn't know if he really had a flush.

How should I play that turn?

Any comments appreciated.