View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

[ QUOTE ]
And from what I've read, I am confident that while the "dream team" may win in an IQ contest, they would stand a less than 1% chance of winning a battle of wits or poker skill-measuring contest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clear up something where I'm being misrepresented, while I'm currently talking with Diablo about potentially doing an IQ wager (although I have hesitations as I'm a potentially known quantity if he's done research, making this a problematic proposition), I did right out of the gate say that, even forgetting that my design partner is NOT a poker player, that I have many times referenced that I believe both members of Team Double D (and I get royalties if someone starts making T-shirts for them) have played more poker / play at higher stakes / and potentially make more money than I do at poker. (You'll notice that I didn't challenge either to a heads-up match of any sort as, again, I have stated that I would lose more often than I would win.)

Battle of wits though ... I said something to the effect of "statistically very unlikely" with the IQ bit but I'll go as far as saying "almost a certainty" about them losing in the wits department in a handicap match against me. But that's neither here nor there.

But to clarify again: I didn't claim to best them in poker...

Final-final word of the hijack. (Until the next misrepresentantion, I guess.)

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com