View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Weird Party $109 hand: TT UTG+1

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, this may be the most poorly played hand in the history of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh I've played worse.

[ QUOTE ]
Let me get this straight. You bet 150 on the river, which essentially means nothing considering the pot was so large, then proceeded to lay down your boat after a small raise.

WHY THE F%#@ DID YOU MAKE A MEANINGLESS BET, REOPEN THE ACTION, AND THEN FOLD???????????
JUST CHECK BEHIND IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLD TO A RAISE.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't think there are situations where you should bet for value even if you would fold to a raise? Let's say I bet t600 and he check-raised all-in. I think the real issue, which we've already discussed, is because I only bet 1BB, I increase the likelihood of someone trying to push me off with a lesser hand.

[ QUOTE ]
The more I look at this hand the more I think this guy may have had a very weak holding. I just can't see anyone checking a hand that has you beat on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Neither could I at the time. And I couldn't see any hand that I beat calling (let alone raising) anything more than a small bet.

[ QUOTE ]
90% of players would be too scared you'd just check behind and would value bet out here. Plus, when you bet 150 on the river the guy prob thought (and rightly so) you were an ultra-donk who just made the worst post oak bluff in poker history. Congrats you got destroyed this hand by A9 or some crap hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing you're being facetious about A9. I still think UTG had a bigger boat, a flush, or maybe a weirdly played J or AK. Let me ask you this: what % of the time is UTG turning over a hand that I beat if I call on the river? In order for him to have a hand like a flush, I have to assume that he limped UTG with a weak suited hand (rare) and was willing to check-raise rather than check-call a river card that pairs the board (very rare, even after the weak minbet, don't forget I minraised pre-flop in early position...not the scariest move, but it should raise red flags in his mind). Whereas limping UTG with AQo or KQ is not at all rare, and check-raising the river would be rare but not as rare as check-raising with a flush on a paired board. I think. What percentage likelihoods to assign the possibilities, and how they compare to the pot odds, I don't know.

And I wasn't post oak bluffing, I was betting for value. Badly.