View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Hellmuth/GoG/KKF/Arbitrary 50/100NL

[ QUOTE ]
Good grief. That game is the best argument for turning pro I have seen. Enjoy arbitrary while he lasts. And enjoy the longhanded donkfest. The rest of you pros should get into that game with arbitrary once you have 100K extra to blow, assuming you can play shorthanded.

[/ QUOTE ]

The game is almost never a long-handed donkfest. Also, arb usually only goes really crazy against KKF. They have a special relationship. But, overall, yes. The past couple of weeks have been the best the 50-100 game has ever been. For some reason, Green Plastic, goinbroke, dawiz, Mahatma (or sane Mahatma), Bruiser, and the other handful of decent players have been nowhere to be found. KKF and Gab have been the only two regular solid players in the game.

I suspect, as always, this game will get back to normal shortly - usually short-handed and pretty tough, with spells of an idiot coming in and blowing a big chunk, then back to short-handed and pretty tough. It has never stayed like it is now for any extended time period.

I hope I'm wrong, though.

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo you must really be tied financially into your current company not to play that game. Or be running bad? Or sockets hurting? Or getting laid too much? What's up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, so-so, no, no. Mainly, I just don't like playing in games where I have to regularly put in $10k+ with one-pair and do tons of $25k+ 60-40 gambles. Yes, of course is is very profitable. Just beyond my gambling comfort level. I could probably make money in that game playing some boring poker, but that's no fun for me. I'd rather play a more wide-open style in 10-25 and 25-50, something I'm not comfortable doing in 50-100. Yet?