View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: AK = Annoying Kards

[ QUOTE ]
AK ain't one of them? You never just call a raise with AK when you have position?

[/ QUOTE ]

What position? From the SB. I play tables where the SB is the first to play after the flop. Don't know about yours. Must be a home game.

I gave my logic. If you find fault with it, that's fine. I have no problem with that. I'm happy to see a flop in this situation, given the reasons I stated. If the caller is calling just because he has position and 70BB, then I'd prefer to stick around a little longer. He's got a lot of chips that I can get in a better spot. A 4X BB usually means something in these. I've played a few of them, enough to have seen it. I've also been hooked by AA flat calling a big raise, and I've said goodnight with AK vs. 44.

I really think I'm fine with playing it this way. But then, I feel better about my post-flop play than many do here, so that certainly may make a difference.

I hope you will allow different ways to play here. Sometimes with responses like this, one wonders.

Oh, since you didn't ask but implied that I'm "people" in the tone of voice that implies fish, I'm NOT assuming there is a monster lurking, but you must admit it's certainly within the range of hands. Or are you just pushing because that's your complete strategy? (That's a question, not a statement.)

CJ