View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Official Guide to Party Poker Rakeback

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
For whatever it may be worth, one mid-sized affiliate is currently telling its customers that Party has recently decided and is currently communicating its position on rakeback to affiliates and that they (the affiliate) expects to make an offer to its players Tuesday (tomorrow) in line with the new policy. If this isn't smoke (if it is, I hope and trust that someone here will point it out), it sounds like Party has indeed given the green light to rakeback like the OP says.

At the same time, I don't see the harm in waiting a few days/weeks for things to settle down.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the interest of completeness, I should add that Tuesday has now passed and my affiliate hasn't made an offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the offer came today, and it's pretty innovative, I'll have to admit, but I have my doubts whether it will fly with most players. For myself, I'd rather have just plain rakeback.

Since my affiliate is an advertiser here and since their email actually asked me to help spread the word, I guess it will be okay to describe what they are proposing.

What they are proposing is to return 75% of their commission to their players - but since they can't pay rakeback, they are doing it in the form of prizes like freeroll tourneys and free WSOP seats. So, in essence, their players on average will receive the equivalent of 20-25% rakeback (I don't know what their commission rate is, I guess somewhere around 30%), but individually some will get much more and most will less. In other words, very high variance. I think most players like myself look to the rakeback to reduce variance, not increase it. Still, if the prizes are in the form of tournament winnings, I guess you could argue that the really good players will get more than normal rakeback.

Supposedly this deal was discussed with Party officials and blessed by them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, this sucks [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]