Thread: Hockey
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 09:57 AM

Default Re: Hockey

I am a Sabres fan and I have been pleased thus far with the way the Sabres have played, except for the stinker Wednesday night agianst the Caps.

The Sabres were one fo the teams that sat back and decided they were rather happy with their team with the way the new NHL was going to be. They are definitely a speedy team (you probably saw this in the Bruins-Sabres games this year) and Ryan Miller has been really good this year, especially when the team needs him in close games to keep them within 1 or stay tied. Kalnin was hurt during training camp and is just starting to get his legs back so he is expected to be their horse. The defense has been so-so thus far, but with him getting back to form, they should play better. Vanek has been playing awesome and I think once he puts one in the net finally (he has 7 assists and leads the team with 34 SOG) they will start to come in bunches. Briere has beent he nuts this year and is quite the player.

The talking heads at ESPN and places love to say they are "over-achieving" but I think they underestimated the fact that the Sabres built their team starting years ago around the fact that a new CBA would allow them to be competitive and the new rules changes makes their team that much better. If Miller continues to play well and they continue to be the most disciplined team in the NHL, they should have a shot at the playoffs.