View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Re: 5/10 - Top Card Repeats & Villian Represents it.

Villian called an UTG raise cold here preflop. From sane players, most likely hands are something like KQs, AQs, and medium pocket pairs. This guy doesn't seem very sane however, so i would expand that to include big pocket pairs (which this sort of villian often likes to slowplay), and complete trash that may indeed include a 9. I am not disciplined enough to fold here unless I have a good bead on opponent as never bluffing, but I expect to see a set, 9, or larger pocket pair very very often. Folding is the best idea I think, unless when you say "everyone seems on tilt" you mean that villian in particular has made some plays at pots with air. 3betting is terrible, even if you can fold to the cap that is sure to come.

I actually hate the preflop 3bet too. You are sure to get at least 3way action, and at Pacific it's very very likely to get one of the blinds to come along too. 88 doesn't have an equity advantage against that sort of field.

jvs

P.S. UTG has dissappeared from your hand history post-flop. Did he fold the flop?