View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 06:16 AM

Default Re: hand selection as chip leader 3rd hour of tourney

[ QUOTE ]
In addition to the previous post I also like to add UTG to that list. I used that yesterday when I had the chiplead and minraising/3xBB raising UTG worked pretty good. They need a really good hand or a good read on you to push you of with a reraise. I ran into a reraising AA only once.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats horrible advice. and even in late position I wont get TOO out of control with my steals. Especially in a Party tourney. THERE'S NOTHING to take (if there were antes, then you might be willing to take bigger risks, but with only blinds to steal, you can really just wait a couple orbits for a legit hand). yea, of course in late position if its folded to you raise ocassionally, but not every single time.

I assume that they paid the top 75 spots, so I would tend to stay on the conservative side until there was 80-85 people left. IMO you really want to conserve your big stack so that you have a lot of ammo when the bubble nears. Im not saying play ultra conservative, but definately cautious.

Of course, like everything in poker there are no definates, so if you see you're table being weak, obviously start pounding. but try to not risk your big stack on marginal situations.