View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Working at Coke and drinking Pepsi

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From what I have heard about Coca-Cola about the top managment, the head people of the company. That less than prob 20 people on the planet know the actual secret formula for Coca-Cola. Also that the formula is not even written down, that it has been passed down over the years to the new people in charge of guarding the formula. Anyone know if this is true about Coca-Cola?

[/ QUOTE ]

Snopes

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who thinks Snopes is somewhat sketchy?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have never heard of Snopes, but this sentence is true:
"Coca-Cola does have a rule about only two executives' being privy to the formula, but each of those men knows how to formulate the syrup independent of the other, not just half of an ingredients list."

[/ QUOTE ]

The original recipe is printed in the book God, Country, and Coca-Cola. It's officialy a "secret" according to Coca Cola policy, but it's known.

Paraphrased from a Coca-Cola exec:
What is anyone gonna do with the formula? If you have the formula, what are you gonna do with it? Make some Coke, then what? Sell it as what? Set up a huge production and distribution system to sell you're knockoff coke, just for no one to buy it because it's exactly the same thing as the brand everyone knows and likes?