View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 03:17 AM

Default Re: 5/10 SH party QQ in BB

[ QUOTE ]
My gut keeps telling me that folding is actually the play here.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
running bad will do that

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been running a bit bad for the last month, myself, and I can't help but agree with you here. There are a lot players that this would definately be correct against (Like RED_FACE), and I think that against most randoms in the party 1K (although I have only played a few times) it may be correct.

In a live game, I could see calling and re-evaluating on the turn... but online.... against an unknown....

Due to stack sizes, this is basically push or fold here, since a pot sized raise leaves us with 3:1 odds.

I think that a set is pretty damn unlikely here. 88 maybe, but I think 99+ usually raises here PF. Against everything else, we're either a coin flip vs. pair and flush draw, far ahead of pair and straight draw (with no flush draw), only about a 2:3 dog to two pair, and of course, drawing nearly dead against the straight. (I think that the straight here is pretty damn uncommon, considering villians line)

AJ no flush draw is just about the only possible holding that we could maybe get to showdown with that we're ahead of.

So yeah.. flop looks like a push or fold the flop... I think it's pretty close, and when it's close...... well, I used to push. =\