View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 01:53 AM

Default Re: 5/10 SH party QQ in BB

[ QUOTE ]
What those who say raise are implying is that they're somehow positive SB is leading into you on a draw. How they know this, I have no idea, but apparently they do. If they think he has AJ, then they want you to raise him off one of the few made hands we can make money from. I await elaboration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically I like raising in general, and this situation looks good enough for it. This board is really drawy, so he could be leading with a pretty big range of hands. Queens beat a lot of them and are behind a lot, but you should have a solid six outs if you're behind. Calling is not cool since about half the deck is going to make the turn suck. I don't really like calling the flop and folding the turn when a scare card hits, since Villain could easily just be playing off it. I guess you could call the flop and get in on the turn regardless, but that's kind of weird and is a lot worse than getting in on the flop against a combo draw. I raise more preflop too (not that it makes a big difference).