View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Any NYC Poker Lawyers out there?

[ QUOTE ]

How many posts I have under my belt is not particularly relevent. If you're a lawyer and can say with some degree of expertise whether or not what I'm suggesting makes any legal sense, than do so. If not, leave it to someone who is. I'm sure there are at least a few lawyers on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are definitely practicing NY attorneys posting here, and some of them may wish to comment on the chances of winning the argument you suggest.

But none of them are likely to be "willing to do this," and certainly not because you suggested the idea here. That's what TT pointed out in his response.

Like it or not, that is partly because you just registered here today and started posting. You are asking a favor, and for that people would at least want to know you have contributed here in the past (and legal work is a huge favor, so the contribution had better be huge).

Mason Malmuth can post here and ask for free consulting work in any number of fields and he would likely get it. That's because people are grateful for 2+2 sponsoring the forums (and publishing great books, etc.). But as it happens, Mason offers to compensate people. Which is what TT suggested you do.