View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: commerce 20-40NL

rbk,

couple of thoughts....

this is the kind of flop I like to check out of position if I'm heads-up and sometimes even if it's 3-way.....4-way you're not thrilled to give a free card, so a bet works okay....as for the bet amount, I might've bet either less or more.....betting $600 accomplishes basically the same thing as $1000 does, OR, I even like a bet of like $1500-2000 to see really what's up - now you're really charging the fish if he wants to chase you with position, and you'll find out a hell of a lot about the tough player's holding.....

anyway, given how it did actually play out, a couple questions come to mind.....like la said, what does the amount of villain's raise mean - what is your read?....is this a rockcrusher or a feeler?.....remember also that he raised a bet and a call (how might that affect what he might do?).....also, what does UTG look like? - is he reaching for chips or was he pissed that he has to put more money in the pot?.....

I'd say that probably the textbook thing to do here is fine - folding probably doesn't lose much in the long haul or call the raise and lead out BIG on the turn.....but if you have a good read otherwise, either save your chips or even give'em the bomb now.....