View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 08:03 PM

Default QQ gets attacked on flop

$20/40 at Tunica Horsehoe. UTG is one of the action players in the game. He's a well-known local LAG. He mentioned once before that he is going to "find out how I play" because I'm new and he's never seen me before. He then raised me on the flop and folded to my turn bet.

I have QQ in MP.

PREFLOP: UTG raises, folded to me, I 3-bet, all fold to UTG, who calls.

FLOP (7.5 SB): T76 rainbow.
UTG checks, I bet, UTG says "I'm finding out how you play again" and checkraises, I 3-bet, he caps, I call.

TURN (7.75 BB): 4 (completes rainbow)
He bets, I call.

RIVER (9.75 BB): 2
He bets, I call.

I really got slowed down by his flop cap/lead turn line. I thought about calling the flop checkraise and raising his turn bet, but I also thought that if he did have (or catch) a big hand I'd get 3-bet on the turn. So I decided to go ahead and 3-bet since I felt like he could have a T or a smaller pocket pair or be trying for a free card with overcards. What I figured would happen is that he would call the 3-bet and then check-call twice.

Then he capped, and I figured that if he had slowplayed AA/KK or had a set I was behind. And if he had overcards I wasn't sure if he might fold to a raise, though I guess if he folded AK that would have been fine with me considering the size of the pot.

Anyway, my main question is whether I should have raised the turn or river. Also, if there's a better line, let me know. Thanks.