View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: ZAPPUD is in the hizzey

[ QUOTE ]
My thought on this player: he frequently builds a big stack. From what I've observed, he does this by seeing many, many turncards when drawing to very few outs, then punishing people when he hits. But I don't think he's getting the correct implied odds a lot of the time, and I suspect he might lose in the long run. Also, when he fails to build big stacks, or begins to lose them rapidly when his perceived 2-outer hits yet he turns out to have been drawing dead, his image will be tarnished and his constant bluff-pressure may be met with less stellar results.

That being said, he's winning well over 20BB/100 right now, last 7.5k hands, so I would probably choose to generally steer clear of him while he's on a heater.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've bluffed him off several pots simply because he seems to think I will only raise him with the nuts. He isn't stupid and will often fold to anyone who shows strength right back at him, but if you just call, will often take another shot at you, especially if he has position.
He has an on/off switch on him which a lot of people seem unable to notice. That is to say, he all of a sudden will start playing good pot limit omaha/8 and value bet correctly after having raised every pot for an hour. During this time he will accumulate many chips from players not paying attention.